Ecclesiastes 1-12
Life has a meaning…
As an old man, the writer looked back on his life to see what lessons he had learned.
“I built myself sumptuous palaces, filled them with treasures, and enjoyed women and laughter and song,” he said, “but in the end, pleasure for its own sake doesn’t
mean anything. Nothing lasts for ever, only how much I know of God.”
“I studied hard to be knowledgeable but discovered that, without God’s answers,
it didn’t help me to live a better life. Its good to work hard, have fun, and be content
what God gives you, but hoping to hold on to wealth is as useless as trying to chase
after the wind.”
He knew that God had planned his life and that at the right time, everything had fallen into place. He couldn’t predict the future predict the future, but as long as he lived honestly according to God’s rules, helped others, and made the most of every opportunity, then life had a sense of purpose.The world was imperfect and sometimes life seemed unfair. But as long as he respected God and kept his commandments, he could lead a fulfilled life.
That is a short story I read from "Illustrated Bible Stories" and I felt that its nice so I thought you peeps would wanna read it :)
Its been nearly a week of hols and sad to say, I only have ONE WEEK of hols and it argh.. ENDING.. sigh, kinda dun feel like going back to school.. haha.
Prelims starts right after the hols which is on this coming MONDAY and I am so unprepared.
Anyway.. I hope that the story above will like touch u or somethin yeah??
God bless.
Life has a meaning…
As an old man, the writer looked back on his life to see what lessons he had learned.
“I built myself sumptuous palaces, filled them with treasures, and enjoyed women and laughter and song,” he said, “but in the end, pleasure for its own sake doesn’t
mean anything. Nothing lasts for ever, only how much I know of God.”
“I studied hard to be knowledgeable but discovered that, without God’s answers,
it didn’t help me to live a better life. Its good to work hard, have fun, and be content
what God gives you, but hoping to hold on to wealth is as useless as trying to chase
after the wind.”
He knew that God had planned his life and that at the right time, everything had fallen into place. He couldn’t predict the future predict the future, but as long as he lived honestly according to God’s rules, helped others, and made the most of every opportunity, then life had a sense of purpose.The world was imperfect and sometimes life seemed unfair. But as long as he respected God and kept his commandments, he could lead a fulfilled life.
That is a short story I read from "Illustrated Bible Stories" and I felt that its nice so I thought you peeps would wanna read it :)
Its been nearly a week of hols and sad to say, I only have ONE WEEK of hols and it argh.. ENDING.. sigh, kinda dun feel like going back to school.. haha.
Prelims starts right after the hols which is on this coming MONDAY and I am so unprepared.
Anyway.. I hope that the story above will like touch u or somethin yeah??
God bless.